- Student Resources
Middle College Information
Cedar Springs Middle College (CSMC) is a community of students that are relational and innovative. As a small school within a school, CSEMC provides world-class education in a personal supportive atmosphere to prepare students for further college and/or career opportunities upon completion. We assess every student who enrolls and move them toward earning a high school diploma and college credits. Sharing space with Cedar Springs High School, CSEMC’s goal is to make college courses available and free to those who are ready to begin college-level course work. We offer GRCC college-level courses on campus for our students as part of the normal school day. These courses are taken with high school students initially. What we don’t offer here can be taken at the downtown GRCC campus. The end result is that students can leave the CSMC program with both a high school and a college transcript in hand, knowing they have been equipped for post-secondary success.
Why choose Early Middle College
EMC Enrollment Process
- Invitation letters mailed out to qualifying students in the beginning of December.
- Parent Info Zoom Meeting January 6, 2021
- Parent Q & A session January 11, 2021
- Application* and Paperwork due January 22, 2021
- Accuplacer** Testing at CSHS during the school day the first week of February 2021
- Acceptance Notice mailed mid February, 2021
**ACCUPLACER is an assessment designed to evaluate students’ skills in reading, writing, and mathematics to assess student preparedness for college courses.
- 2.5 Overall GPA for High School Awarded Credit Courses (through end of 9th grade).
- Grade Level or higher Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI) and Scholastic Math Inventory (SMI) scores.
- Appropriate score on the ACCUPLACER**. It is a computerized placement test given to all GRCC students, which helps determine what classes best fit the academic needs and skills. CSPS students must receive a 71 or higher in Reading to demonstrate readiness for eligible in the Middle College program.
- Currently on track to obtain a high school diploma (appropriate course track and success).
- Approval of the principal and appropriate school staff.
- Student Letter (Why I would like to be admitted to the Middle College) and Transcript.