Student Lead Clubs
Student Lead Clubs
In addition to school sponsored activities, there are many student lead clubs (not sponsored or financially supported by CSPS) for our students.
- Book Club is all about selecting interesting books to read with a group for discussion.
- Career Club is an exclusive club meant for students who will have obstacles in the path towards their future careers. The club focuses on connecting students with people, places, and resources that will help them plan for their futures.
- Creative Expressions Club is for students who want to express themselves through poetry and art. Students will write creatively three weeks of the month and complete a craft project on the fourth week.
- French Club celebrates French culture and allows for additional practice in conversational French.
- Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) - A student organization meant to create a safe environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) students and their straight peers. GSA hopes to educate the school community about the LGBTQ community and to prevent violence against these students.
- Hawks on the Run is meant to promote healthy behaviors for students. Students run, walk, or jog throughout the school to promote an active life-style.
- Nerd Club - Nerd: “An ‘individual’, i.e. a person who does not conform to society’s beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do” (Urban Dictionary). This club promotes the obsessions of those nerdy members of our school community!
- The Otaku Organization celebrates Japanese culture through anime, j-rock, cosplay, videos, and more!
- Spanish Club will promote the Spanish culture that isn't often taught in class. Members will also have the opportunity to participate in a state-wide Spanish convention.
- V2 Crew - “V2” stands for “Virtuous Too”. V2 Crew is a support group for students who want to develop a positive character in the footsteps of Jesus. Meetings include music, snacks, and a discussion on an important topic that the group has selected. Movie nights, service opportunities, and other events are in the works as well.
- Women’s Studies Club promotes empowering women in a safe, non-oppressive, supportive environment.